Right here’s a more healthy tackle a breakfast BLT: Sriracha Sesame Breakfast Tofu Sandwich. This plant-based (vegan) model depends on baked tofu, lettuce greens, and tomatoes. And the baked tofu has a spicy sriracha kick, together with the nutty taste of toasted sesame seeds. If you happen to make the tofu the day earlier than you’ll be able to whip up this hearty open-face breakfast sandwich in only a few minutes the following morning (or for that matter all week lengthy).
That is one in all my all time favourite weekend breakfasts. Because of the ability of tofu, it’s very wealthy in protein and satisfying. Plus the addition of greens, tomatoes and complete grain bread actually kicks it up a notch to offer a stunning medley of colours and flavors to greet your palate. Full of protein, fiber, nutritional vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals, this breakfast will contribute a landslide of vitamins to your day. Simply suppose how a lot better off you’ll be with out that typical artery-clogging American breakfast sandwich while you dine on this scrumptious meal!
Right here’s a touch: You may also take pleasure in this simple meal for lunch with a bowl of yummy vegetable soup or for dinner with a hearty aspect salad or stew. Make it your new go-to plant-powered meal. If you happen to’re gluten-free, simply substitute gluten-free bread and also you’re good to go. With solely 9 components, this recipe takes solely quarter-hour to make too.
Discover ways to make this simple, 15-minute, wholesome, vegan Sriracha Sesame Breakfast Tofu Sandwich in your subsequent scrumptious weekend breakfast.
- 1 (15-ounce) package deal additional agency tofu
- 2 tablespoons decreased sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (might lower or enhance in keeping with spice choice)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 slices of tomato
- 1/3 cup child lettuce leaves
- 4 slices complete grain bread
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Drain tofu and slice in half lengthwise, and in half crosswise, to create 4 rectangular items. Place in a small baking dish.
- Combine collectively soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sriracha sauce, and sesame seeds. Drizzle over tofu.
- Place tofu on high rack of oven and prepare dinner for about quarter-hour, till golden brown.
- Whereas tofu is baking, place bread slices on a small baking sheet and place in oven to toast for 3-5 minutes, till browned and crisp.
- To rearrange sandwiches, place one toast on a serving dish, layer with one-fourth of the lettuce leaves, 1 slice of baked tofu, and high with 1 slice tomato. Repeat to make 4 open face sandwiches.
- Serve instantly. Makes 4 servings (1 open-face sandwich every).
Bake the tofu the day earlier than and refrigerate till the following morning to make this recipe in minutes. Merely pop the bread slices within the toaster and serve tofu heat or chilly with the tomatoes and lettuce leaves on the breakfast sandwich.
Make this recipe gluten-free by utilizing gluten-free soy sauce, and gluten-free bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 173
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 283 mg
- Fats: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 11 g
Key phrases: breakfast, breakfast sandwich, tofu recipe, greatest breakfast sandwich
For different tofu recipes, try a few of my favorites:
Tofu Mushroom Tacos
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu with Greens
Savory Metal Minimize Oats with Spinach, Mushrooms and Tofu
Tofu Kale Energy Bowl with Tahini Dressing
Asparagus Dill Tofu Quiche
Grilled Spicy Sesame Tofu
To study press tofu, try my weblog at The Plant-Powered Dietitian.
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.