Imaging Useful resource simply printed an interview they’d with Sony managers. The very clear takeaway is that Sony made it clear that AI autofocus is coming. And we all know it’s going to be first applied on the Sony A7rV 🙂
Right here is the abstract through Asobinet:
Current picture market scenario
- To this point, the mirrorless market is rising even on this troublesome scenario.
- Particularly relating to nonetheless pictures, it has been considerably affected by COVID 19, however thankfully it leads the market.
- As for video capturing, the demand for video capturing continues to extend even within the present scenario, and we proceed to steer on this market.
- We anticipate this pattern to proceed and won’t cease growth.
- Attributable to COVID 19, prospects are now not in a position to exit for picture shoots, so the demand for nonetheless pictures is reducing throughout this time. We imagine that demand for nonetheless pictures will return as soon as persons are in a position to exit.
- As well as, video demand continues to develop, and we imagine that the mirrorless market will proceed to develop with out shrinking.
Provide chain challenges
- We’re persevering with to debate with our enterprise companions how we will reduce the affect.
- Happily, we have now managed to handle this troublesome scenario and have carried out our greatest to fulfill the wants of our prospects and sellers.
- Any longer, we’re discussing with our suppliers to make sure that the cargo from the manufacturing facility to the sellers is in time, and we imagine that the scenario will enhance.
- It’s had some affect previously, however I’m not too frightened about it now.
- Globally, there was an affect (of product shortages), however the scenario is enhancing.
- Happily, the shutdown in China can also be figuring out.
In regards to the standing place of APS-C cameras and high-end cameras
- To be able to meet market calls for, we imagine that APS-C machines are additionally necessary.
- The benefit of a one-mount digital camera is that the identical lens can be utilized for each APS-C and full-frame cameras, and can be utilized by professionals, amateurs, and videographers alike.
- We have to put extra effort into the APS-C physique, not simply the complete body.
- Sadly, we can not go into element about future merchandise, however we additionally perceive the market demand for APS-C fashions and haven’t stopped growing them.
- Market demand is altering a bit of, not just for nonetheless cameras, but additionally for stills & motion pictures, hybrid utilization, and so forth. Because of this, we should contemplate how to reply to each calls for.
- The ZV-E10 has been ready for patrons who need to enter the mirrorless world and begin a “video life”.
- And in the event that they really feel that capturing is enjoyable, I believe they may contemplate upgrading their tools subsequent time. Then the APS-C high-end mannequin could also be a possibility.
Compact cameras for superior customers just like the RX collection
- (The particular person answerable for Sony being interviewed) can also be the creator of the RX collection.
- Initially, he was the chief of the event of the RX100, RX1, and RX10. He likes the RX collection and continues to be constructing the RX collection.
- I can’t say something in regards to the future technique, however I don’t suppose I’ve give up the RX collection but.
- The present mannequin continues to be established as a product and is promoting nicely. And many shoppers have new inquiries.
Sony’s AF growth, particularly AIAF’s basic technique
- The picture sensor, AI, and autofocus are in fact utterly completely different applied sciences, however they’re mixed and put in within the digital camera.
- An important enchancment was scene recognition, ie, “What is that this object?”
- AF expertise and AI expertise are sturdy applied sciences that type our base, and we’ll proceed to develop expertise on this area.
- Sadly, we will’t announce the product but, however there isn’t a doubt that AIAF will announce extra superior expertise sooner or later.
- (Q: In order that’s positively true…) Please look ahead to it.
Study extra in regards to the BIONZ XR processor
- I can’t provide the particulars, however by combining each chips and working them as a system, the entire efficiency is achieved.
- For instance, the BIONZ XR put in within the α1 can course of an enormous quantity of information of fifty million pixels and 30 frames per second.
- Throughout steady capturing, AF calculation is carried out at 120fps.
- BIONZ XR is extra highly effective and energy environment friendly than earlier chips. It is extremely troublesome to touch upon particular figures.
- BIONZ XR has advanced video recording capabilities corresponding to 4K 120p and 8K 30p specifically, together with real-time autofocus processing. Due to this fact, it is extremely highly effective and vitality environment friendly.
- It additionally helps new coloration science and improves processing to enhance coloration reproducibility.
- Low noise, excessive dynamic vary and excessive decision for each nonetheless and video.
- As we evolve the complete dimension, we can even enhance the efficiency of decrease fashions sooner or later. The mix of Sony’s distinctive picture sensor and highly effective processing engine “BIONZ XR” will present a greater capturing expertise and a singular capturing expertise.
- Combining a picture sensor distinctive to Sony, the primary producer of picture sensors, with its personal processing engine “BIONZ XR” is a bonus.
About α1’s ultra-high-speed mechanical shutter and digital shutter
- Flash sync velocity is an space that has not advanced for a few years.
- We needed to supply a brand new flash pictures expertise by utilizing a newly developed twin drive shutter to seize momentary motion with flash.
- That is a part of the efficiency of the newly developed stacked CMOS sensor put in within the α1. Readout is extraordinarily quick, and the ultra-high-speed processing efficiency of the BIONZ XR permits high-speed flash pictures with an digital shutter.
- 1/400 sec is mechanical shutter for full dimension, 1/500 sec for APS-C, however 1/200 sec for digital shutter.
- I’ll chorus from going into an excessive amount of element in regards to the newly developed dual-drive shutter expertise. By adopting an digital actuator along with the standard spring, it’s potential to realize a high-speed drive of 1/400 second, which was not potential previously.
- The usage of carbon fiber for the blades of the shutter curtain contributes to the load discount and robustness of the mechanism.
With α1, there’s a trade-off between nonetheless picture and video picture stabilization
- There is no such thing as a trade-off relationship between picture stabilization for nonetheless photos and video.
- We perceive that the wants for picture stabilization for nonetheless photos and video picture stabilization are completely different, and we have now ready a correction technique for every.
- We obtained plenty of suggestions about picture stabilization, so we want to proceed to offer a singular capturing expertise with picture stabilization sooner or later.
In regards to the new 24-70 and 70-200 F2.8 smaller and lighter
- There have been requests for larger picture high quality, smaller dimension and lighter weight, and improved AF velocity and focus monitoring.
- Not too long ago, buyer wants have modified and diversified, and specifically, the necessity for video capturing has elevated considerably.
- To be able to meet the wants of a variety of consumers, no matter whether or not they’re capturing nonetheless photos or motion pictures, we have now developed a 2nd technology G Grasp zoom lens that’s absolutely geared up with the newest expertise, corresponding to the principle optical system and the floating focus design that makes use of Sony’s distinctive XD linear motor. .
- A breakthrough in optical design has been achieved by the fusion of the evolution of associated applied sciences and the newest optical expertise. Achieved a fusion of epoch-making efficiency, small dimension and light-weight weight.
- We want to proceed to speed up the fusion of Sony’s distinctive peripheral expertise and optical expertise.
In regards to the optical design of the brand new 24-70mm F2.8
- To be able to obtain the smallest and lightest weight in its class, the optical design has been utterly redesigned and 5 aspherical lenses, together with two high-precision XA (Excessive aspherical) lenses, have been adopted.
- As well as, 2 ED (ultra-low dispersion) glass and a pair of tremendous ED glass are used.
- Mixed with the brand new floating focus mechanism, it not solely demonstrates wonderful decision throughout the whole zoom and aperture vary, but additionally improves the shortest capturing distance.
- As well as, throughout film capturing, focus respiratory is suppressed to realize expressive focus motion, and the XD linear motor improves AF and monitoring efficiency even throughout excessive body charge recording.
- It’s suitable with the high-performance compact α system physique and covers a variety of capturing scenes.
The brand new 70-200mm F2.8 is totally completely different from the earlier model
- To be able to obtain the world’s lightest zoom, a brand new optical design reduces the variety of lenses on the entrance of the lens, and ED aspherical lenses and XA lenses are used to scale back the variety of lenses total, contributing to weight discount.
- Tremendous ED glass and ED glass are positioned at key factors to totally suppress chromatic aberration.
- Outfitted with 4 XD linear motors utilizing Sony’s proprietary management expertise, the AF velocity is elevated as much as 4 instances in comparison with typical fashions with excessive thrust effectivity.
In regards to the future lineup
- I can’t touch upon the technique for the long run lens lineup, however Sony is at all times listening to the voices of its prospects.
- Sony has continued to develop its lens lineup based mostly on suggestions from customers around the globe, together with professionals who’re energetic on the entrance traces, and has achieved a lineup of 70 E-mount lenses.
- I can’t touch upon the long run lens roadmap, however I’ve plenty of concepts for brand new lenses that I want to launch sooner or later. Please look ahead to it.