Second already has an amazing popularity on the subject of lenses for cellphones, high-quality filters and different helpful equipment for filmmakers. Now they appear to wish to go even additional with the introduction of the Second 1.33x anamorphic adapter. The accompanying Kickstarter marketing campaign simply launched, so let’s have a look (in 2.35:1 after all)!
Capturing anamorphic could be fairly daunting, and though main Hollywood movies swear by this specific widescreen look, it could get fairly costly and cumbersome fairly shortly to attain it correctly, particularly for unbiased filmmakers.
Second is an organization that makes it doable for these filmmakers to take lovely pictures with reasonably priced tools. In order that they thought a well-designed anamorphic adapter may be one thing value making an attempt. And apparently, they did it, take a look at the Kickstarter marketing campaign right here.
Second 1.33x anamorphic adapter
So what’s completely different with this gadget? In accordance with Second, the advantages are threefold:
- A Traditional Look – The Second anamorphic adapter makes use of a traditional design type with achromatic cylinders organized in a entrance attachment, which can give a traditional look. However the thrilling a part of this design is you could connect it to a pointy trendy lens so as to add a classic character or, flip a well-loved classic lens right into a widescreen one.
- Simpler To Use – The entrance adapter doesn’t require fiddly focus or clamp rings to connect it to your prime lens. The lens attaches by way of a 67mmm thread, and a locking button permits customers to shortly orient the lens correctly. Second eradicated the seek for particular step-up rings they usually even embody a whole set of rings with the adapter.
- Tremendous Appropriate – The Anamorphic covers S35+ format with most trendy mirrorless lenses however can cowl Full Body (FF35) for all kinds of compact/pancake lenses in addition to many compact classic lenses
The locking button specifically appears to be a well-thought-out element, because it helps to align the lens appropriately with out having to fiddle an excessive amount of with the step-up/down rings. This helps to construct a rugged and well-performing setup.
Second lists all of the specs as follows:
- Lens Sort: Entrance Anamorphic Lens Adapter
- Building: 6E / 4G
- Squeeze Ratio: 1.33x
- Focus: Entrance Single Focus
- F-Quantity (max): 2.0
- Shut Focus: 0.7m
- Focus Rotation: 180 deg
- Rear Prime (S35): 35mm-100mm+
- Rear Prime (Full Body): 50mm-100mm+
- Prime Lens Focus: Infinity
- Entrance Filter Dimension: 82 mm
- Rear Aperture: 44mm
- Coatings: Gold Flare
- Rear Mount: M67 x 0.75 thread (step up/down rings included)
- Product Size: 77.6mm – 92mm (With out lens cap)
- Weight: 880g
After all, you’ll must correctly assist your lens with the anamorphic adapter hooked up to guard your cameras’ lens mount, however since this setup appears comparatively easy, the brand new Second 1.33x anamorphic adapters might actually permit filmmakers to seize lovely anamorphic pictures with out the trouble (or expense) of different options, and even native anamorphic glass.
The adapter sells for $1,299 MSRP as soon as the Kickstarter marketing campaign is over. Early fowl pricing begins at $899 so should you’re quick and already determined, this might be fairly a superb deal right here.
We’re saying this on the finish of each crowdfunding-related article: please pay attention to the dangers when backing a venture on a crowdfunding platform. Please learn the platform’s phrases of use and take into account that there could be vital delays when delivering the product. Some initiatives even don’t get delivered in any respect.
Hyperlink: Kickstarter | Second
What do you suppose? Would this ‘gadget’ be one thing you’ll strive? Share your experiences within the feedback beneath!