Samyang lately introduced a brand new lineup of hybrid cinema lenses with autofocus capabilities: the Samyang V-AF. 5 lenses will likely be launched beginning Q3 2022 till This fall 2023, together with a 20mm, 24mm, 35mm, 45mm, and 75mm lens, every with a T1.9 most aperture. These lenses are suitable with Sony E-Mount cameras and canopy full-frame sensors. Let’s take a better have a look at this new Samyang lineup of lenses!
Korean lens producer Samyang is well-known for making third-party lenses with a wonderful worth/characteristic ratio. Their Samyang Sony FE II lineup of autofocus lenses is a superb instance of the corporate’s dedication. On the cinema facet, the XEEN/Rokinon cinema primes have been common amongst unbiased filmmakers.
Lately, Samyang introduced a brand new collection of Sony E-Mount lenses for filmmakers with a built-in M0.8 industry-standard focus ring however with autofocus capabilities: the Samyang V-AF.
Samyang V-AF options
The Samyang V-AF lineup consists of 5 prime lenses: 20mm, 24mm, 35mm, 45mm, and 75mm. As well as, all lenses characteristic a most aperture of T1.9.
Moreover, all lenses within the Samyang V-AF set do have a number of issues in widespread, together with:
- Each lens’ precise measurement and weight are 280g/0.6lbs with a size of seven.2cm
- The identical 43.3mm picture circle, which covers full-frame sensors
- A entrance filter diameter of 58mm, and an out of doors diameter of 70mm – this entrance diameter is just a little unusual, removed from the usual 80/85/95mm outdoors diameter for clamp-on matte bins
- 9 aperture blades for clean bokeh outcomes
- The main target ring rotates 300° and options industry-standard 0.8mod focus gears
- All lenses are weather-sealed, and the set’s shade tone is unified, in keeping with Samyang
- There’s a customized mode swap and focus maintain button on the lens
As you possibly can inform, Samyang did their homework with the V-AF line, and it seems to be like an interesting providing.
Distinctive characteristic and expandability
The entrance of the Samyang V-AF lenses options an attention-grabbing digital connector. Based on the corporate, it permits “communication between the V-AF lens and its unique equipment”. We don’t know what this accent will likely be at launch, however it’s fairly intriguing. Moreover, its mount is fully made out of metallic, so it ought to be capable of take some weight.
Lastly, the Samyang V-AF lenses have a novel characteristic: there are two built-in tally lamps on the entrance and the mounting index of the lens. These tally lamps swap from inexperienced to crimson, which might be useful for one-man-band filmmakers and YouTube content material creators.
Pricing and availability
On the time of writing this text, solely the 75mm T1.9 FE is out there now for €505/$649. The 24 and 35mm T1.9 FE will launch in This fall 2022, the 45mm T1.9 FE in Q2 2023, and the 20mm T1.9 FE on the finish of 2023.
For extra info, please go to Samyang’s web site right here.
What do you consider these new hybrid Samyang V-AF lenses? Are you fascinated about getting these, or do you like ready for the complete lens set to be out there? Don’t hesitate to tell us within the feedback down under!