In case you’ve ever had freshly made pear sauce, you understand how scrumptious it may be. It’s an effective way to make use of up an abundance of pears from a yard tree, or to reap the benefits of these pretty fruit when they’re in season. It’s very easy to make 100% pure, sugar-free pear sauce, utilizing these few straightforward steps I’m sharing on the weblog. Bonus: You’ll be able to comply with this similar recipe to make apple sauce—simply swap out the pears for apples. As a toddler rising up within the Northwest, I helped my mom make home-made pear and apple sauce every year from our bounty of fruit contemporary from the tree. We’d can it to get pleasure from all winter lengthy. This recipe lasts effectively within the fridge for every week, and it’s additionally nice frozen for a couple of months. To be taught in regards to the well being advantages of pears and how one can use them within the kitchen, take a look at my weblog right here.
Get pleasure from pear sauce as a pure dessert, with cereal or granola, as an ingredient in recipes, or as an accompaniment to savory dishes.
Complete Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 ½ cups 1x
Learn to make a batch of pear sauce with these easy steps.
- 4 contemporary medium pears, peeled, cored, chopped into chunks
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Place chopped pears in a saucepan with lemon juice, cinnamon and water. Stir to distribute elements, cowl with a lid and cook dinner for half-hour, stirring sometimes.
- Utilizing an immersion blender (or switch pears to a blender), mix cooked pears till you attain desired consistency.
- Cool and serve with extra cinnamon, a sprinkling of granola as desired. This pear sauce is superb as a sweetener in baked items, resembling pancakes, muffins, and bars.
Use the identical recipe for applesauce, utilizing apples as a substitute of pears.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: half-hour
- Class: Snack
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 107
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fats: 0 g
- Saturated Fats: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 1 g
Key phrases: pear sauce, vegan pear sauce, how one can make pear sauce
For different recipes that includes pears, take a look at:
Baked Pear Path Combine
Ginger Pear Date Oats
Cranberry Pear Metal Lower Oats
This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.