The ARRI ALEXA 35 is out within the discipline, and it’s a beast (in a great way, in fact). When you’re fortunate sufficient to work with it frequently, ARRI has simply launched a pleasant little helper within the type of a pdf poster: all recording codecs are clearly listed, so that you’ll know what’s potential and how one can obtain it very quickly.
On the coronary heart of the brand new ARRI ALEXA 35 is the successor to the extremely acclaimed ALEV 3 sensor, the brand-new ALEV 4. This sensor, together with the in-camera processing pipeline, is chargeable for the fairly spectacular Lab Take a look at outcomes of the ALEXA 35 right here at CineD HQ.
Be certain that to observe our interview with ARRI right here, too.
Because the ALEXA 35 is supplied with a 4.6K Tremendous 35 sensor (4608 x 3164), there are a number of codecs that this sensor can output, and so this “Recording Codecs Poster” turns out to be useful, certainly. The whole lot from Open Gate, UHD, 3.8K 2:1 Ana, to 2K and HD is listed in an easy-to-grasp method so you understand precisely which modes do what and how one can finest use them.
ARRI ALEXA 35 – Recording codecs poster
All in all, the ALEXA 35 affords 19 taking pictures modes, which is quite a bit. Whether or not you need a particular knowledge price, the best high quality potential, or a particular anamorphic squeeze issue, this digicam has you coated.
To present you yet one more view of the info proven on the recording codecs poster supplied by ARRI, I’ll checklist all of the modes out there.
To start with, there are two totally different primary modes of operation right here: ARRIRAW or ProRes. The previous data unaltered, uncompressed sensor knowledge and subsequently affords essentially the most flexibility for downstream post-production. The latter is available in quite a lot of flavors ( aka compression charges), so you may select the format and sensor mode ( i.e. the sensor space used for recording) that most closely fits your challenge.
When it comes to sensor modes there are eight modes in complete, from the so-called Open Gate mode all the best way all the way down to 2K 16:9 Tremendous 16:
- Open Gate (4608 x 3164): every pixel of the sensor might be thought-about for recording. This may be actually helpful for tweaking the picture in put up. If wanted, digital body strains may be added for framing for a unique side ratio however nonetheless holding all the additional data.
- 4.6K 16:9 (4608 x 2592): This leads to a extra traditional format, which can be simpler to deal with since extra lenses cowl the picture circle required for this mode.
- 4K 16:9 (4096 x 2304): identical as 4.6K however barely much less decision.
- 4K 2:1 (4096 x 2048): nonetheless 4K, however in a unique side ratio.
- 3.3K 6:5 (3328 x 2790): For initiatives utilizing 2x anamorphic Tremendous 35 lenses for a goal deliverable of two.39:1.
- 3K 1:1 (3072 x 3072): Designed for taking pictures with 2x anamorphic lenses for a goal deliverable of two:1.
- 2.7K 8:9 (2743 x 3086) with a goal of UHD 16:9 Ana 2x: For taking pictures anamorphic with de-squeezing utilized in-camera
- 2K 16:9 S16 (2048 x 1152): The “lowest” potential setting. Mimics the normal Tremendous 16 format to be used with Tremendous 16 lenses or as an in-camera heart crop.
Because it stands, the ARRI ALEXA 35 actually is among the most versatile cameras in the marketplace, even whether it is “solely” a Tremendous 35 digicam and never a full-frame digicam. With all these modes out there, most if not all taking pictures conditions ought to be properly coated for the foreseeable future.
What do you suppose? Is one among these taking pictures modes the one you want for an upcoming challenge? Would you take into account renting an ALEXA 35 for it? Share your experiences within the feedback under!